Crock A Doodle
Pottery Painting Project
Pottery piece(s): Coupe Dinner Plate
Colours: What A Yolk, Orange Crush, Boppin’ Blue, Grape Jelly, Black Lab
How to Steps:
- Paint the middle section of your plate with What A Yolk, with 1-2 coats (about a quarter of the plate)
- Paint a section on either side of What A Yolk with Orange Crush, using 1-2 coats.
- Follow the orange section with Grape Jelly with 1-2 coats.
- Paint the remaining area of the plate with Boppin’ Blue, in 1-2 coats.
- While painting the last/third coat of paint, bring each colour further into theother to blend them. What A Yolk should be brought into the Orange Crush, and Orange Crush should lead into the Grape Jelly, which leads into Boppin’ Blue. This is easiest when the paint is still wet, don’t be afraid to add a little more paint if needed.
- Using a fine detail brush and Black Lab, draw a line along the middle of the What A Yolk area. Painting on the top of this line, add hills/mountains to create the horizon.
- In one of the bottom corners paint an island shape with Black Lab. Then paint two “trunks” for the palm trees, slightly larger at the bottom and
thinner at the top.
- At the top of the trunk paint five thin lines coming out, these will be the branches. Off of each branch, paint small lines close together with Black Lab that are angled away from the tree. It’s ok if these go “off”the piece.
- Proudly sign your master piece on the back with pencil.